Friday, August 17, 2012

20 Questions...

Saw this on another blog, so I thought I add my 2 cents worth....

1. Favourite Wargaming period and why?
American War for Independence, hands down.  I grew up with books around me about it, and our grade school used to do a "colonial week" every year (back when schools used to teach US history...)

2. Next period, money no object?
100 Years War, all Perry Miniatures!

3. Favourite 5 films?
5. Northwest Passage (Spencer Tracy)
4. A Bridge Too Far
3. The Shining (TV Miniseries, not the Kubrick version, although that is a sentimental favorite)
2. The Godfather 1 and 2
1. Tie:  Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the ORIGINAL)/The Best Years of Our Lives
4. Favourite 5 TV series?
5. Diners, Drive Ins & Drives
4. No Reservations
3. Star Trek TOS
2. Dragnet
1. The Twilight Zone, TOS

5. Favourite book and author?
The Face of Battle - John Keegan (RIP)

6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!
William Tecumseh Sherman: He understood the horror of war, and the absolute necessity to ruthlessly persue victory to put an end to it.

7. Favourite Wargames rules?
I have to say, I'm hard-pressed to name a favorite.  For sentimental reasons I'm going to say Donald Featherstone's Wargaming Airborne Operations.
8. Favourite Sport and team?
I don't follow sports, so I'll say all the women's vollyball teams at the Olympics!!

9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?
Ford's Theater, Washington, DC, the night of April 14, 1865.  I'd intercept and beat the piss out of Booth and throw him off the balcony, the traitorous bastard.

10. Last meal on Death Row?
Prime rib, rare with mashed potatoes and corn.  Cholesterol? Who cares?

11. Fantasy relationship and why?
With all due respect to my wife, who I adore completely, I'd have to say Sarah McLachlan.  I find her voice to be heartbreakingly sexy...

12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
Charlie, from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the ORIGINAL)

13. Favourite Comic Superhero?
Captain America, or course!

14. Favourite Military quote?
"If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking" - William T. Sherman

Okay, I'll be honest; I looked that one up, but just about anything he said works for me!!
15. Historical destination to visit?
Arnhem, Holland

16. Biggest Wargaming regret?
Not getting into Napoleonics earlier

17. Favourite Fantasy job?
Miniature painter - in a universe where a miniature painter can actually earn a nice living...

18. Favourite Song Top 5?
5. Right Down the Line - Gerry Rafferty
4. Stardust - Nat King Cole
3. Across The Universe - The Beatles
2. The Way You Look Tonight - Various Artists
1. Anything by ELO/Jeff Lynne

19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?
The last game I played!

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?
- Terrorists
- People who abuse women, children, or animals
- Americans who hate America (I don't care what people from other countries think about America)
 
 
Here's the origial post:

1 comment:

Ray Rousell said...

Great answers Greg, No 9 made me chuckle, but how would that action change the world as we know it? That's an answer I'll leave for you!! Thanks for the link back as well!